Giulia Quadrifoglio Torque Vectoring Diff

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
bowdenandymecom

Giulia Quadrifoglio Torque Vectoring Diff

Post by bowdenandymecom » 14 Apr 2020, 19:26

MES 4.6 does identify the Quadrifoglio’s Torque Vectoring Differential and purports to log data from it. However, the data I logged on a drive this morning is, in the main, nonsense.

Actual and Required Coupling Torque are always -6,250,000Nm
Left Coupling Torque is generally very close to that value, but had infrequent very short lived excursions to -164,000,000Nm. I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered Mega Newton metres before!
The Left and Right Actuators are 180 degrees ±0.5 and there is no apparent correlation between the actuator readings and the Coupling Torque data.
The left clutch wear is reported as 67.2 and right as 279.2. No units are given.
I was driving in RACE and on some bends used a fair amount of throttle, sufficient I would have thought, for torque vectoring to have come into play. Though I may have to try harder, perhaps in the wet.
I’ve no reason to suppose there’s anything wrong with my car. It seems certain that MES 4.6 isn’t interpreting some TVM data correctly. Logged temperature data seems reasonable.

If any other Quadrifoglio owner with MES 4.6 has time to take recordings for comparison with mine, I’d be interested to hear.

Andy