Key Programming does NOT ask for code?

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
mprowe

Key Programming does NOT ask for code?

Post by mprowe » 07 May 2019, 21:06

I am using a registered version of MES version 4.0.

I have been looking at the instructions for "key programming" on the yellow pages, and it says that I can try it in simulation mode. Good idea...
In the intro, it tells me: "WARNING: You will also need the electronic key codes in order to execute this function".
However, in simulation mode, it didn't? When/if I do this for real, will it ask me then?

Part two of this question: Step 2 - Once I insert the key, do I need to turn on the ignition? Surly, there is no OBD communication without the ignition being on?

Regards, Martin

s130

Re: Key Programming does NOT ask for code?

Post by s130 » 08 May 2019, 14:50

What vehicle did you choose on the simulation. I've just done it for the 500X and a code IS asked for via multiple drop down selection boxes.

The key insertion / ignition on is an interesting question as unless the ignition is on then connection to the vehicle/body computer is probably going to fail and to get the key out one has to turn the ignition off!

It could be that MES sets a flag that key programming is in progress and for each key you have to connect to the vehicle again (or it automatically reconnects) till the last key is done and this information is missing from the help text?

Hopefully someone who has done this for real can inform us.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

vitos

Post by vitos » 08 May 2019, 21:23

yes ignition on follow instructions
will ask for code and check immo and ecu code matched
then cycle key

if your code is correct its easy

s130

Post by s130 » 09 May 2019, 11:03

OK so ignition on with Key1 and connect to vehicle. Yes?

To get Key1 out you have to turn the ignition off. This drops the vehicle connection. Yes?

So insert Key2 turn ignition On and connect to vehicle. Yes?
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus