Two questions, spark advance value and knock sensor value

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
Deckchair5

Re: Two questions, spark advance value and knock sensor value

Post by Deckchair5 » 08 Apr 2010, 21:41

When the OBD determines that a malfunction has occurred, it generates and stores a “pending fault code” and a “freeze frame” of engine data. At this point, the MIL does not illuminate. If the malfunction is detected again before the next driving cycle in which the suspected system or component is monitored, the MIL illuminates continuously and a “MIL-on” or “confirmed” fault code is generated and "stored" as well as a “freeze frame” of engine data. If the malfunction is not detected by the end of the driving cycle, the “pending fault code” is erased.

If you can view the freeze frame data of when the fault code was stored then you'll see exactly what it was that triggered the fault code

hanzs

Post by hanzs » 09 Apr 2010, 11:46

Ok, I understand.
As follow your explanation - fault P0136 was confirmed because is "Stored" now. But no MIL light on dashboard! It is what i cant understand :?

About "freeze frame" - I cant read it, I dont know how?

Deckchair5

Post by Deckchair5 » 09 Apr 2010, 21:05

maybe the mil light will come on soon but then you dont need it now as you know all about it :)

Freeze frame data isnt available on Yani's program yet,maybe it will be some time as the poor man is quite busy trying to get it to work with so may different car types. If you have a ELM conector and a reasonable diagnostics program you can pick up freeze frame data which points to what has been detected and why the fault code is there

Here's a picture
Attachments
fault codes after wet start ok afterwards nov 09.JPG
fault codes after wet start ok afterwards nov 09.JPG (45.9 KiB) Viewed 3318 times