Fiat Multipla Bipower ABS ECU connection troubles

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
jackfreedom

Fiat Multipla Bipower ABS ECU connection troubles

Post by jackfreedom » 03 Apr 2015, 17:02

Hello mechanical, I'm Damiano from Italy,
yesterday i bought the registered version of MultiECUScan 2.4, good program but i encountered problems in connection with the ABS ECU of a 2001 Fiat Multipla Bipower, during road test with the parameters window the program back itself to main menù anytime when the speed exceeds 15-20 km/h, it is also impossible to monitor the vehicle acceleration.
On the actuator window it is impossible to activate something, usually it show me a failure message and then back itself to main menù.
What could be? i use KKL/VagCom interface with green adapter as MES indicates me.

s130

Re: Fiat Multipla Bipower ABS ECU connection troubles

Post by s130 » 04 Apr 2015, 08:53

This way of operating *may* not be a bug as such but a safety feature.

By safety feature I mean that the Airbag ECU *may* deliberately cease to communicate when the speed exceeds a particular value as it wants to give 100% of its attention to keeping you safe and being ready to deploy at a moments notice without having to worry about external communications.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

jackfreedom

Post by jackfreedom » 05 Apr 2015, 13:02

thanks s130 for your reply, if it's a safety feature patience, i need to check the wheels speed for to find a defective sensor.
and for the vehicle acceleration and the impossibility to do an actuar test?
Happy Easter!

s130

Post by s130 » 05 Apr 2015, 15:03

Ooops

I just read my post and see that I was thinking "Airbag" having read you said "ABS". My apologies.

However it still may be a safety restriction. If I recall correctly when you connect to the ABS unit the ABS system becomes "unavailable" for normal use. (This message will also be shown on the dash board & LCD display if you have one.) The ABS unit is effectively in diagnostic mode. Exceed a certain wheel speed and I think the unit is dropping back into operational mode for your safety. The fact that low speeds are displayed seems to support this.

If you have a defective sensor/connection then the ABS unit should be logging this as a fault and telling your which sensor is failing.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

jackfreedom

Post by jackfreedom » 06 Apr 2015, 19:13

Don't worry for your misunderstanding.
Ok, the ABS ECU may have a safety feature but why the diagnostic can't do anything on actuator window? i don't know what to think, the car is stop when i tried to do that, i can hear only a relay clicking on the first or second test then nothing, every test end with a failure message.

I have only a DTC: "06 - incorrect number of tooth on phonic wheel" , but, what wheel? :?: