156 1.8ts 97' losing connection

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
Reenberg

156 1.8ts 97' losing connection

Post by Reenberg » 02 Mar 2010, 01:16

Hi,

I have recently started using the ecuScan (v. 1.6) but it randomly loses connection. I have followed the howto and changed the latency timer.
I don't know if this is the case, but it seems as if it drops the connection more often when i am driving and even more rapidly during high acceleration.
The worst is when trying to log information (graph), then it drops the connection after a few seconds when accelerating. Aport from being annoing to open the connection and setup the parameters again, the logged data is lost.

When i say it loses connection I mean that i get thrown out to the main screen where i have to choose my car again. It happens so fast that i can't see if it writes anything about communication latency

I am using a brand new laptop, not a netbook, so there is no system bottlenecks (2ghz, 4gb ram).

It might be an idea for future releases to add some sort of debugging that can be enabled. This way a log file could be attached to bug reports?

bady555

Re: 156 1.8ts 97' losing connection

Post by bady555 » 02 Mar 2010, 04:03

I loose connection too...other cars work great only 156 1.8 ts have a problem with connection