Simulate Mode for ECUs requiring 3 pin adaptor

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
s130

Simulate Mode for ECUs requiring 3 pin adaptor

Post by s130 » 28 Apr 2013, 14:12

Hi Yani

Simple bug that I've just noticed.

If you try to CTRL/F10 (Simulate) to an ECU that requires a 3-Pin adapter then you get the prompt to "Connect 3-Pin Adapter" which one accepts with a Yes/Y OK. Then the program actually goes to the Connecting to ECU phase followed by "Connection Failed - You need KKL adaptor........" instead of the normal "Invalid ISO Code" msg/prompt.

For simulation mode no adaptor test/connection should be made.

Nick
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Juggers2k

Re: Simulate Mode for ECUs requiring 3 pin adaptor

Post by Juggers2k » 24 May 2013, 11:33

For simulation mode to work, the interface type required by a module (e.g. ELM327 or KKL) has to be configured in the software (even if it's not actually plugged in).
It sounds like you were connecting to a module which requires the KKL for connection, but maybe only had the ELM configured?
I guess it just brings up the adaptor cable prompts before it does the interface check...
2008 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v Eleganza

HASSAN

Re: Simulate Mode for ECUs requiring 3 pin adaptor

Post by HASSAN » 26 Jun 2013, 00:06

Juggers2k wrote:For simulation mode to work, the interface type required by a module (e.g. ELM327 or KKL) has to be configured in the software (even if it's not actually plugged in).
It sounds like you were connecting to a module which requires the KKL for connection, but maybe only had the ELM configured?
I guess it just brings up the adaptor cable prompts before it does the interface check...
HI
today try to connect to ecu fiat marea year 1999 no succes i use adapter 3pin
with vag interce registerd
any help thanks