Help with version 1.6 and M.1.5.5

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
BR-Scan

Help with version 1.6 and M.1.5.5

Post by BR-Scan » 08 Feb 2010, 02:02

Hello,

Congratulations on this exciting new software. It looks very good and I'm happy that it now supports M.155 ECUs.

But not for me, at least, not yet. So please help.

I tried to connect to my Alfa Romeo 2.0 TS 16V 1999 with a M.155 but it keeps disconnecting everytime I try to read the sensors. I can see the ECU data information and error codes but as soon as I try to read the sensor data or erase the error or reset the actuator it disconnects. I lowered the COM port latency time to 1 but it didn't help.

Also, there are 2 different M.155 ECUs to choose from, one says '98 and seems to work. If I choose the other I get wrong ISO code when I connect. Which one is the correct for my car and how do I know?

Cheers,
Marcos

maser

Re: Help with version 1.6 and M.1.5.5

Post by maser » 11 Apr 2010, 10:53

Hello!

Many thanks for this great soft, especially with free version which looks much better than Unidiag.

But, (there always a but ;) I've got the same problem like BR-Scan, in almost every detail (I've got Alfa156 1.8 TS 2000).

I suppose i shouldn't use definitions which tells that ISO code is invalid, obviously.
That '98 defs connects without any errors but if i only mark a parameter to check it disconnects.

What's going on?

Thanks in advance.

BR-Scan

Post by BR-Scan » 11 Apr 2010, 18:25

maser wrote:Hello!

Many thanks for this great soft, especially with free version which looks much better than Unidiag.

But, (there always a but ;) I've got the same problem like BR-Scan, in almost every detail (I've got Alfa156 1.8 TS 2000).

I suppose i shouldn't use definitions which tells that ISO code is invalid, obviously.
That '98 defs connects without any errors but if i only mark a parameter to check it disconnects.

What's going on?

Thanks in advance.
Hello Maser,

I fixed this when I started to use the ELM327 interface, no more disconnections, works like a dream with my 156 2.0 1999. My ELM 327 is a clone, not the genuine chip, but even though it works fine. If you don't have ELM you should get one, it's worth, and I recommed the genuine one, which I'm also getting.

Cheers!

maser

Post by maser » 14 Apr 2010, 17:20

Hello Maser,

I fixed this when I started to use the ELM327 interface, no more disconnections, works like a dream with my 156 2.0 1999. My ELM 327 is a clone, not the genuine chip, but even though it works fine. If you don't have ELM you should get one, it's worth, and I recommed the genuine one, which I'm also getting.

Cheers!
Hello BR-Scan!

Thanks for explanation and guidelines!
I've got VAG-KKL cable only.
I read that ELM327 is for newer ECUs - cars made after 2001. Also heard it doesn't work with Alfadiag and Unidiag so I've just bought VAG :x

Now, I'm looking for an answer, maybe I'll find it.

Cheers.