Problem Connecting Hitachi MPI injection (pre98)

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
ubohli

Re: Problem Connecting Hitachi MPI injection (pre98)

Post by ubohli » 08 Jul 2011, 09:04

Same Problem with the Version 3.02, scan yes - connect no.
Now I am using an Acer Aspire D150 Netbook, with Windows XP and the latest driver for the KKL-Interface.
I tested 4 different computers, with different OS.
I have tested on a friends car build '97, and it works !. DrawingNo is 46519331.
Now I know, that my equipment (Interface, Notebook) is working properly.
This is the partno (=DrawingNo ?) of my ECU, where it does not work:

Even the airbag connection does not work.
And what is about ABS Bosch 2SH ?

Is there any chance to fix the problem ?

regards
Uli

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 08 Jul 2011, 11:29

Please try with version 3.0.4. It has some more improvements for the connection to this Hitachi

ubohli

Post by ubohli » 08 Jul 2011, 17:46

yani wrote:Please try with version 3.0.4. It has some more improvements for the connection to this Hitachi
It works ! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Many thanks yani, you are the greatest!

Sorry for asking again: Is there a chance for airbag and ABS Bosch 2SH ?

regards
Uli

tipo176

Post by tipo176 » 02 Nov 2011, 13:04

Got the 3 pin adaptor cable for a 97 Coupe 1.8 16V and a KKL + ELM 327 v1.4. Can not connect to ecu. There are two thin cables on the adaptor. (black/red- +/-?) Do they have to be connected?

MichalM

Post by MichalM » 14 Apr 2017, 18:33

Hi guys,

It's my first post here so hi to you all!

I just wanted to ask your advice. I want to connect to my Barchetta 95' ECU (not airbag, not ABS). Frankly, after reading all this I found that it no longer know which connect is which. I have a 3 pin connector/plug under each seat that run to the seat belts tensioners. I assume these I can use to connect to airbag controller.

Apart from this I have not found any other plugs in the foot wells or elsewhere in the cabin, well, maybe there is something near the blower but did not have a closer look.

Now, under the hood, I have found a 3 pin connector near ABS pump that I tried connecting with my laptop (Win 7) and with VAG KKL cable (with dip switch with positions 7 (KKL), 3 (airbag), 1/9 and some one more don't remember exactly for). The dip switch is set on 7 then I have the 16 to 3 pin adapter to connect to it. The interface is recognized as FT232R USB and v2.08.28 drivers are installed. I can only perform "scan" which recognizes this port as ABS controller (not recognizable though).

Here's where is it located under the hood:

So, I went looking for ECU port and found this near the relays under the ECUs plastic cover:

I suspect this is the one, but it's different type of plug: 4 pins instead of 3 pins. One pin is not wired but the adapter does not work obviously.

Did any of you was able to determine if this is the right plug? If it is, how is that it's 4 pins not 3 like everyone else mention in the internet?

Regards,
Michal