v2.6.1 bugs

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
Post Reply
yincar
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 08:30

v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yincar » 13 Dec 2010, 04:15

Hi Yani,
Installed v2.6.1 and tested on 2 cars today and found some bugs.

Fiat Punto '03 1.2 8v - ELM327 cannot communicate to Body computer.
Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed - ELM327 cannot communicate to Body computer.

At the same time, having difficulty on KKL cable to talk to engine ECU. Either totally failed or something just able to connect once in many attempts.

regards, yincar

yani
Site Admin
Posts: 1175
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 16:40

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yani » 13 Dec 2010, 10:08

Hi,

As I wrote in the PM this should fix your problem with the KKL interface:
Go to Settings. There is a new setting below interface selection - KWP 2000 Timings. It is available for KKL interfaces only and has 4 options - Default, Optimal, Fast, Slow. Change this setting and try to connect again.

This setting is new in version 2.6 / 2.6.1 and it is related to the optimization of communication speed with some ECUs. It is now possible to read parameters from most engine ECUs with up to 900 readings per minute. This functionality is available only with KKL/VagCom interfaces.
This function, however, is not supported on all ECUs. So, you have to experiment with the settings to see which works best. Also, some of the faster settings cannot work properly on slower laptops.

Are you sure that the ELM interface is working fine? Did it work with previous versions of Multiecuscan?

Yani

yincar
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 08:30

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yincar » 14 Dec 2010, 14:29

Hi Yani,
Tested all speed mode, KKL is still failed. Sometimes, in ~10 attempts, can connect only once with luck. ELM327 working fine in v2.6, v2.6.1 and v2.5 (downgraded to test). KKL failed to work for engine ECU on FES 2.5, 2.6 & 2.6.1.

Any chance to downgrade further v2.4 to confirm?

alfa156sarajevo
Posts: 870
Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 09:03
Location: EU, Germany

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 15 Dec 2010, 11:50

I found the new bug in ver. 2.6.1. This is problem have only registered users. The problem is when you connect car to FES and after reading everything - all data you get report in notepad document. And later when you want to see what kind of errors you get you can check informations you need!
This version only records when you connect to Engine module. But if you connect to ABS, or AIRBAG or other module you will NOT get any data for that! Here is example:

I should get this:
ECU ISO Code: Ax xx xx xx xx
14.12.2010 21:07:44
CONNECTED TO:
ALFA 156 1.9 JTD
Allied MY 97 Airbag (xx-xx-xx-xx)
--------------------------------------------------------------
ECU ISO code: Ax xx xx xx xx
FIAT drawing number: 00 xx xx xx xx
Software version: 0.x
Hardware version: 0.x
ECU programming date: xx.xx.xxxx

READING ERROR CODES:
No fault codes


But I get:
ECU ISO Code: Ax xx xx xx xx
14.12.2010 21:07:44
CONNECTED TO:
ALFA 156 1.9 JTD
Allied MY 97 Airbag (xx-xx-xx-xx)
--------------------------------------------------------------
ECU ISO code: Ax xx xx xx xx
FIAT drawing number: 00 xx xx xx xx
Software version: 0.x
Hardware version: 0.x
ECU programming date: xx.xx.xxxx


And sometimes I only get this:
ECU ISO Code: Ax xx xx xx xx
14.12.2010 21:07:44
CONNECTED TO:
ALFA 156 1.9 JTD
Allied MY 97 Airbag (xx-xx-xx-xx)
--------------------------------------------------------------


When I install ver. 2.5 everything is working OK! I got all reports! But on this version (ver. 2.6.1) there is a bug! :roll:
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

yincar
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 08:30

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yincar » 27 Dec 2010, 15:27

more testing result on v2.6.1. Tested Alfa Romeo GT and result as below. I can only test ELM327 without any modification of interface as I'm still waiting to modify pins.
Attachments
GT.jpg
GT.jpg (35.88 KiB) Viewed 4875 times

yani
Site Admin
Posts: 1175
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 16:40

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yani » 27 Dec 2010, 15:52

Seems that your ELM interface cannot connect to CAN network. This is usually caused by electric problem in the interface.
There is a special thread about this issue:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1493

yincar
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 08:30

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yincar » 28 Dec 2010, 06:34

Hi Yani,
Thanks for the quick tips. That's very disappointing to me as I bought it from http://www.ecufix.com/shop/index.php?ma ... hhgfrfdv33 which is indicating genuine v1.4 and quite expensive. I'm expecting good interface for CAN but it let me down. Looks like i have to perform surgery on my cable and let you know what kind of PCB is inside.

mattydr67
Posts: 164
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 17:07
Location: Bucuresti, Romania
Contact:

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by mattydr67 » 28 Dec 2010, 14:10

Yes m8 your interface it is Chinese CAN issued genuine one.
All that kind of interface like yours have this problems. It is not hard to fix it, don't worry. And you don't need special skils for this.
Good luck

yincar
Posts: 14
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 08:30

Re: v2.6.1 bugs

Post by yincar » 01 Jan 2011, 07:02

Hi Yani,
I have confirmed my interface cable is the culprit by using another cheap ELM327 i bought which work like charm.
I will post my bad interface picture in other post. Thanks.

Post Reply