Airbag ECU Unknown/Unsuported

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
ioksotot

Post by ioksotot » 24 Jul 2010, 23:28

Hi, I'm having a problem when I try to connect to my Airbag ECU on my 1998 Fiat Coupe (LE version). When I connect, the software states:

ISO CODE: AB 86 86 98 A4

It then asks me if I want to ignore the warning and connect anyway, but when I select "Y" it then states that this is not available on the free version and that I should use the registered version. Quite a few people on the Coupe Forum have connected without a problem using this software, I was told that it may be a bug?

Can anyone help?

yani
Site Admin

Re: Airbag ECU Unknown/Unsuported

Post by yani » 25 Jul 2010, 19:14

Hi,

According to my data Fiat Coupe has the following airbags:
1. Old TRW Airbag - this is not supported in Multiecuscan
2. TRW MY97 Airbags - these are supported in Multiecuscan

Unfortunately, the ISO code that you give is unknown. It does not belong to any of the airbags that I know and I don't have any info about it.
Also, I think it is not possible to get a message that registered version is required because the airbags for Fiat Coupe are available in free version. Or maybe you are using Multiecuscan 2.3? Please download and use Multiecuscan 2.3.1 as version 2.3 has a bug that disables all free modules.

Yani

ioksotot

Re: Airbag ECU Unknown/Unsuported

Post by ioksotot » 25 Jul 2010, 23:51

Hi Yani

Thanks for replying. I believe the problem (or bug) is that the software would not let me enter the consul (or ignore the error warning). I was using the latest version from the site (2.3.1). I've now been able to connect and cure my Airbag error using an older version 1.6 that a kind FCCUK forum member let me have. Version 1.6 let me ignore the error warning (press Y to continue), whereas version 2.3.1 would not (when I pressed Y to continue it just told me that the software was restricted in free mode and I would have to use a registered version).

If it was supposed to do this then my apologies, but why can I use version 1.6 without any problems but not version 2.3.1?

Thank you again :D
Steve