Programming the remote in test mode

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
bas

Re: Programming the remote in test mode

Post by bas » 21 Jun 2010, 09:24

yani wrote:That should not be a problem.
It says "Cesky" but the data in the free version is always in english. This selection does not matter in the free version.
OK.

One more problem in polish language:
fes-remote2.jpg
fes-remote2.jpg (17.87 KiB) Viewed 8675 times
The program tells me to press T, but it does not work. If you press the Y is all is well.

BAS
Last edited by bas on 21 Jun 2010, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 21 Jun 2010, 09:39

Yes, you have to press Y.

The procedure for programming remote controls is as follows:
1. Start procedure and press Y to confirm that you have read all notes
2. Enter your security code and click OK
3. The program will notify you to prepare Remote Contol 1
4. Press Y and in less than 15 seconds press any button on remote control 1
5. The program will confirm that recognition is completed with result code 00, and you have to press Y to continue
4. Then the program will notify you to prepare Remote Contol 2
5. If you do not have remote control 2 just press N and it will continue to step 10 below
6. Press Y and in less than 15 seconds press any button on remote control 2
7. The program will confirm that recognition is completed with result code 00, and you have to press Y to continue
8. Then the program will notify you to prepare Remote Contol 3
9. If you do not have remote control 3 just press N and it will continue to step 10 below
10. The system will store the remote controls in memory and notify you that the process has completed with result code 00, and you have to press Y to continue.

That's it.
I have done this procedure a few times to my Stilo. I even bought a second-han key with remote off ebay for testing. It works perfect.

Just one note - DO NOT DO IT WITH A BLUETOOTH ELM INTERFACE. There is a big timing problem with these bluetooth interfaces.

Yani

Boris

Post by Boris » 13 Oct 2010, 13:36

When you add a used ebay key with this procedure does this new added key works 100% ok with all functions? Including starting the engine?
I am asking because authorized delear says that there is a special additional procedure to add a key for starting an engine.
And he claims that you can not add a used key which is not from the same car or not officialy bought from the Alfa dealership?
Maybe the dealer only wants to earn money by selling me the new very expensive key?

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 13 Oct 2010, 14:43

This procedure is for the Remote Control ONLY!
The key needs new transponder and programming of the new transponder.

bas

Post by bas » 13 Oct 2010, 14:46

Boris wrote:When you add a used ebay key with this procedure does this new added key works 100% ok with all functions?
For security reasons, will only work with the remote control, the immo you have to add in "keys service" or an authorized service center Fiat.
Boris wrote: Including starting the engine?
No.

BAS
Last edited by bas on 13 Oct 2010, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

Boris

Post by Boris » 13 Oct 2010, 15:21

Are you planning to add programming of the new transporders in the new versions?
PS I am speaking of the 147/GT keys
The reason for all this is the fact that I had to repair a 147 key, and they are very difficult to open, they are glued. So while repairing it ( I had to weld microswitch because it was broken) I had to cut it in half and know it looks bad.
I was planning to buy a second hand one from the ebay and to programm it to work normally as a 3-rd key.
I have code card and both original keys.

Is this even possible ? I have read that it is not even possible to programm another used key to start the engine?

The sollution to take transporder glass ampule from original one and to put it to a new one is not a vallid sollution because the ebay key will be 100% a glued key also...but metal blade can be taken from original key and installed inside with little force :-) much easier than cutting the new used key with the cutter. If I cut it I will destroy it as I destroy original key and I am back to the starting situation but with 2 keys that look bad when I glue them.
Last edited by Boris on 13 Oct 2010, 16:05, edited 5 times in total.

Boris

Post by Boris » 13 Oct 2010, 15:26

bas wrote:
Boris wrote:When you add a used ebay key with this procedure does this new added key works 100% ok with all functions?
For security reasons, will only work with the pilot, the immo you have to add in "keys service" or an authorized service center Fiat.
Boris wrote: Including starting the engine?
No.

BAS

Pilot is remote?

bas

Post by bas » 13 Oct 2010, 15:30

Boris wrote: Pilot is remote?
My fault(i fixed the prev. post), "pilot" is polish word wich means remote controller.

BAS

croydonchris

Post by croydonchris » 15 Oct 2010, 18:22

I'm intrigued now.
Does this mean that the remote programming feature in Fiat PUNTO '03 1.2 8V will work for a PANDA '04 1.2 8V ?
Regards ~ Chris

bas

Post by bas » 15 Oct 2010, 19:30

croydonchris wrote:I'm intrigued now.
Does this mean that the remote programming feature in Fiat PUNTO '03 1.2 8V will work for a PANDA '04 1.2 8V ?
No, there is different body computer.

BAS